Congratulations to Amber who was entry #7 and won the Lalaloopsy prize pack!
I recently attended Activision’s Games for Girls Summit. The content was super interesting and engaging, but the best part was the swag bag. It was Suh-weet, loaded with all of the games we tried and some other licensed goodies. I’m feeling generous, and want to help my dear readers with their Holiday shopping, so I’ve decided to give it away! I’ve split the swag into coordinating packs in order to give as many of you a chance to win as possible. Most have a DS Game and a related toy. The Wappy Puppy, which is awesome, will be the grand finale giveaway!
The first prize pack I’m giving away is a pair of items from the super popular Lalaloopsy franchise. For those not in the know, Lalaloopsy is a series of large dolls and small figures from MGA Entertainment. The dolls are a modern twist on rag dolls, they’re pretty cute, although Nate has called their button eyes “creepy” and “Coraline-esque”. The gimmick is that the dolls magically came to life, and have the traits that go along with the special fabric they were constructed after (the one made out of baker’s apron is a baker, and the one made out of astronaut’s flight suit is a scientist).
Activision has taken the popular property and created a game that Kitty sure seemed to love. I was initally worried that her inability to read would really hinder her ability to play. Thanks to the intuitive game play, she was able to navigate the game on her own for over twenty minutes.
|Thanks to intuitive game play, Kitty was able to figure out that there was a lost pet that she had to find for her friend, even without the ability to read.|
The whimsical and magical world of Lalaloopsy has been brought to life on the Nintendo DS. As the
new girl in town, you start by selecting your very own playable Lalaloopsy friend. Reunite all the
familiar Lalaloopsy dolls with their lost pets to build incredible friendships and unlock exciting crafting
activities. Special surprises and cool collectibles make it a unique and exciting experience. There is so
much to do and so much fun to be had, it’s time to get sewing!
- Play with Your Favorite Lalaloopsy Dolls: All 12 dolls are available to play with including: Mittens Fluff ‘N’ Stuff, Blossom Flowerpot, Bea Spells a Lot and many more!
- Colorful and Whimsical World: The handcrafted feel and bright palette is preserved in the game. Every doll’s environment and items will feel familiar to all Lalaloopsy fans.
- Build Lasting Friendships: Help the dolls find and care for their pets to unlock their specific craft mini-game; giving the finished crafts as gifts unlocks even more accessories!
- Create Cute Crafts!: Twelve doll specific craft activities are made uniquely personal with various customizations and themes.
- Rewards A’Plenty: Frequent rewards, accompanied by distinctive animations, sounds and content, coupled with delightful hidden collectibles, make the game engaging and exciting.
- Added Bonus: Included with each game purchase is a limited release Mini Lalaloopsy™ doll.
This prize pack includes a copy of the Lalaloopsy game for Nintendo DS, which includes a Mini Lalaloopsy and an additional Mini Lalaloopsy. Mini Lalaloopsy’s box has a hole in the back (thanks to Kitty who couldn’t keep her hands off of it) but is otherwise sealed and fine). These items were given to me by Activision during their Games for Girls Summit.
|The fabulous giveaway! Thanks, Activision!|
To enter to win this item, leave a comment telling me who you’d give this set to below.
To gain an additional (optional) entry follow @ParentingGeekly on Twitter (if you’re not already!) AND send the following tweet: “Win a Lalaloopsy Nintendo gift pack from @ParentingGeekly : http://parentinggeekly.blogspot.com/2011/11/lalaloopsy-giveaway.html” Leave an additional comment here that you followed/tweeted.
I’ll post the randomly selected winner in an update on this post on Thursday, November 17. Good luck!